Purdah

Documentary movie is not what I fond of. I barely touch them. After wandering for a while on (an illegal) website, I decide this one to begin my tiresome morning.



(Spoiler: the story is about a girl choosing to play the sport she likes over continue her family culture, yet a day where her father abandoned her change her life and her family)

'Purdah' is not merely represent the journey of the main character's, but reveal the reality of marriage, household or a family that often times turn out unexpectedly.

The troubles they suffered is prevalent occur in the neighborhood we live in perenially. How they fall into a problem, facing the butterfly effect yet eventually manage to slowly recovery.

The personal decision the girl made to priority her hobby over her marriage, her little sister who choose to break her ill marriage yet keep the baby and her older sister who also found out the priorities in her life is what I found powerful in a world where being judged for it is something obvious.

Reminds me to a quote from a show I watched months ago talking about Cleopatra.

“Why only powerful women always defined by their sexuality?”

Why we questioning the purity of a woman by her marriage and how many baby she gave birth to?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a long week

april and may's postcard